Tuesday, October 11, 2011

PRO-LIFE. MOVIES. What more do I need to say?

I love movies. Correct me if I'm assuming here (I'm not.) but I believe we all kind of LOVE entertainment. We'll shell out 10 (14!!!) bucks to go see something like Cowboys and Aliens or the latest Seth Rogan flick. Usually, the movies are pretty funny and occasionally they're good. If you're a total nerd like me, you end up over-analyzing whatever you just watched, which brings me to the actual point of this post: How often do we watch something GOOD? I'm not talking about "two thumbs up good", people, but Good with a capital G? Something that's life affirming and substantial? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say not often, especially as Hollywood is like the mecca of the Culture of Death. On crack. But there's good news! This is CHANGING! People are starting to create awesome movies like Bella and The Human Experience that are beautiful and challenging. Another movie, October Baby, is going to be coming out soon. I won't go into the plot of the movie, as you can just watch the trailer, but I believe this is going to be good. Not having a 1.2 billion dollar budget, the film looks a little rough, but I think that it's going to make us think and feel and realize something in the way that only a movie about the affects of abortion can. So give it a watch, people, and get your Hamiltons ready, because even if you're not into the fantastic, thought provoking, independent, brave films like this, you can't be against 10% of the proceeds going to crisis pregnancy centers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment