In other words, the inconvenient truth is that while we relax and enjoy our time off babies continue to die. At a time when we presumably have the most time, we are doing the least to end the tragedy of abortion. Yours truly has been especially guilty of this. (That's part of the reason this blog hasn't been updated in three months.)
We need to arise from our summer slumber! We need to end this seasonal hiatus of essential, life-saving work! And we need to do so now more than ever! The abortion industry doesn't slow down for us.
And so, fully admitting that in doing so we are as hypocritical as our work urgent, we hereby present these five ways you can help the pro-life movement during the summer, whoever you are and wherever you happen to be:
- Hold vigil at your local abortion clinic. Sadly, you probably won't have to travel very far, regardless of where you are. Googling "abortion clinic [your city]" will likely yield something nearby. If it doesn't, praise the Lord and go to step two!
- Stay up-to-date on the latest pro-life news. You'll find a combination of valiant victories and depressing defeats. The former will inspire you to keep fighting the good fight and the latter will shock you into action.
- Get involved in your local pro-life group. This could be through a church, volunteer organization, or young-adult group. Throughout the country, 40 Days for Life groups are nearly ubiquitous. For those still in the state, Michigan Right to Life has several local chapters. Once again, Google will be your friend here.
- Know how to vote. This upcoming election will be absolutely pivotal. Research the candidates so you know who's pro-life...and who's not. Make sure your pro-life friends are registered to vote...but only when your pro-abortion friends are out of earshot.
- PRAY! Arguably the easiest, but definitely the most important. Pray that human life may be respected and protected from conception to natural death in our country and, indeed, throughout the whole world.